Happy New Year to everybody out there in the gaming world! We’ve ushered in a new year and are now primed and ready to bring you the latest with the Wicked GT! We’ve been working hard to get the paperwork updated and ready to go, trophies made, and many, many more things worked out so that the Wicked GT 2016 is the biggest and best yet!
To that end, we’ve worked hard and updated the Wicked GT Painting Rubric that we’ll be using for this years tournament. After comparing our current Painting Rubric with many other GTs across the country and several places online, we’ve finally incorporated plenty of new changes so that participants are truly rewarded for their painting!
To view the updated Painting Rubric, simply click here!!
You’ll notice a few new sections to the Rubric compared to last years. The main reason for updating it is because the existing Rubric was very broad in scope. It rewarded a fully painted army, no matter the detail or techniques used, similarly and didn’t give the armies / models that truly stood out among the rest the chance to be awarded for that. This updated rubric goes into details about picking out eyes, hand painted banners, and more so that you not only get points for it, but you can get additional points for the type of technique that has been used. It focuses mostly on the army as a whole and not so much the display boards or basing. While those are very important and deserve to be judged and awarded (and they still do) they shouldn’t be the main focus of the judging, and I think we captured that with this updated painting rubric. It’s updated now and this will be the rubric that we use at this year’s Wicked GT!
Also, here’s a few other notes of interest:
– Registration is now open! Please spread the word and let everybody know that may be interested in attending the Wicked GT about the website (http://www.thewickedgt.com). Cost is $50 per person.
– Player Packets! Player Packets are being revised and we have a scheduled release date of January 25th, 2016! This packet will contain all you need to know for attending the Wicked GT.
– The 9th Age GT Circuit Hub! A new facebook page has been created to showcase all of the 9th Age GTs that are taking place over the next year. They are spread out all across the United States and this page will be a collection of information for all of these GTs. Make sure to check it out to find out what area will be running a 9th Age GT near you! Search for 9th Age GT Circuit Hub.
– Booze! We’re finalizing the menu for the bar for this year. If you attended last year then you know about all the fun we had and the awesome bar set up that was made available to all the players. We’re building on to that and will hopefully have a bigger selection this year!
– Golden Toto Painting Competition! I’ve spoken to the custom sculptor and the Golden Toto Painting Competition trophies are on schedule to be completed by the end of January! We’ll have a pic as soon as they become available. We’re looking for trophies to be about 6 to 8 inches tall! These are going to be awesome and you can only get them by participating in the painting competition! New sheets for all entries are being developed as well! More to come!
– 9th Age! Don’t forget that the Wicked GT will be featuring the 9th Age rules! Make sure to visit their site and get yourself familiarized!
– Sponsors! We have a ton of great sponsors back for this year. We’ll have a lot of door prizes, handouts, and custom pieces that you each participant will walk away with. You can only get it at the Wicked GT!
– Scenarios! New Scenarios are being developed to better align with the 9th Age rules. We are playtesting them as we speak and will provide all new, unique scenarios to all participants!