The Wicked GT 2016: Army Lists due today! Factions released, Gem Bags, and a note about the Schedule!!
As of today we are exactly one week away from the Wicked GT 2016! We are in the homestretch and making final updates and changes to anything that needs it. Don’t forget that we are using v.0.11.9.3 for army lists. Take a look at the news and notes below!
Here’s a couple of news and notes:
- Factions! If you attended last year then you know that we’re all about the Wizard of Oz Theme with the Wicked GT! Throughout the weekend your army will be battling other armies trying to get back to reach the magic portal and send you home! To that end, you will have the option of befriending factions that can be found in the Land of Oz! These are Dorothy herself, The Lollipop Guild, The Witch of the North, The Witch of the West, and the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz!! In gaming terms, this means that you can use their abilities to help you turn the tide of battle in your favor should you need their assistance! If, however, you’ve got it under control and find that you don’t need their help then you can win an additional 300 VPs to be added to your total. For more detailed information, just follow this link to find out about the Factions and how they work!
- Army Lists! Don’t for get that your Army Lists need to be made using rule set v.0.11.9.3 and not the latest version of v.0.99. Army lists are due today!! So please make sure to get yours in. Several have already been pouring in. If you have issues with getting your list in please let me know. You can send the army list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gem Bags! The Gem Bags are now completed! We’ve gone out of our way to hand out lots of stuff to everybody that registers for the Wicked GT! Take a look at the pic below! Upon registration, you’ll receive your gem bag that has the following items: 4 Dark Shard gems, 4 Wound markers, Tokens for the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and the Lion, 4 charge/flee arrows, 4 Wicked GT Bottle Caps, and (for some) Wicked GT half Arcs of Visibility! You get all of this just for signing up. You can use the gems and bottle caps in other games that you play in the future and you’ll always get use out of the charge/flee arrows!
- Schedule! Just a quick note to let everybody be aware of some changes to the schedule. Nothing drastic but we did change the round times from 2 hours to 2 hours and 15 minutes. We also changed the start time so that registration on Saturday morning will now be from 8:00 AM until 9:15 AM with dice dropping at 9:30 AM! For the detailed schedule and changes just click this link!
And so that you’re well aware, here’s some upcoming important dates to remember:
– All funds due: Payment is the only way to secure a spot in the Wicked GT, so ASAP. You can send payment via PayPal to email@example.com
– Army lists due:
March 4, 2016 March 11, 2016 (Flexible on this date)
Also, here’s a few other notes of interest:
– 9th Age! Don’t forget that the Wicked GT will be featuring the 9th Age rules! Make sure to visit their site and get yourself familiarized! (www.the-ninth-age.com). We will be using v.0.11.9.3.
– Raffle! Throughout the weekend we’ll be handing out raffle prizes at random times during the GT. If you were here last year then you’re well aware that we have tons of stuff to hand out. So make sure to get yourself signed up to get your name put into the daily raffle! You’ll receive a numbered gem upon registering and this will be your raffle number throughout the weekend!
– Booze! We will have a keg of Bud Light available and several types of liquor to make you simple cocktails. The beautiful waitresses are primed and ready to serve you drinks, cocktails, beer, and refreshments throughout the weekend! Remember that it’s only $5 to get you a Saturday drinking pass! Let’s have a great time!!
- Twitter: @iggykoopa30
- Twitter: @Rnevarez4
- Twitter: @sixfthunbadger
- Twitter: @thewickedgt
- Twitter hashtags – #TheWickedGT #MWGamingAlliance, #T9A
- Facebook: Midwest Gaming Alliance
- Website: www.thewickedgt.com
- Facebook: The Wicked GT