Wanted to give another quick update to let everybody know where we are at! We’re currently just under 3 weeks away from the first ever Wicked GT! Trophies are being completed, beer has been ordered, and Golden Toto entries are being finished! Make sure you are ready to go and let us know if you have any questions before the start date.
Here’s some quick bullet points:
– WIP Trophies! Chris McArthur has been working hard to get the trophies completed for the Wicked and his hard work is paying off. We have a WIP picture of some of the trophies. Remember that each winner will get these as well as either product / gift cards! Excellent work, Chris!
– Scenarios: All 5 scenarios are now complete and have been posted. You can find them by following this link!
– Prize support! We’ve been given more prize support now and wanted to share with everybody all that we’ve gotten so far. Note that we are having a raffle and a lot of this stuff will be handed out in the raffle and as door prizes. We’re doing our best to give back all that we take in (and more) back to the players! We’ve received the bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures and they include a 10% off checkout code so make sure and get you something after the Wicked GT! Check this out!!
– Beer!: The keg has been ordered and the bartender’s table is ready to go. We’ll have a keg of bud light on hand that is free with your entry fee. Additionally, we’ll have some simple cocktails that you can get if beer isn’t your thing. We’ll continue to hand this stuff out until it runs out! Remember to drink responsibly and don’t forget that tips are always appreciated!
– Concessions: We’re going to have a small concession stand set up as well. This will have bottles of water, cans of soda, chips, candy bars, etc that will be available for sale. It’s going to be cheap so make sure to have some dollars and change on you in case you need a small snack to get you through the game!
– Army Lists: I’ve received just about everybody’s army list and have graded all of them against Swedish Comp. Remember that we’re grading them solely for categories for the Best General. I’ll be sending out emails to everybody soon to let you know what your comp score is and what weight class you’ve been assigned. If you haven’t gotten your list in (you know who you are!) get your lists in to firstname.lastname@example.org!
– Golden Toto Painting Competition – Several people have hit me up asking for specifics on the Golden Toto Painting Competition. Remember that this is a standalone event and is separate from the GT itself. You can enter up to 2 entries per category but you can only win once per category. I’ve heard from at least 8 people about so I can’t wait to see some of the great paint jobs that we’ll see! Get your entries ready for the Golden Toto Painting Competition! The trophies have gone to print and they will be ready for the winners. In addition, the winners prize support has been provided by Bits of War so each winner will get product provided by http://www.kromlech.eu! Thank you to our great sponsor, Bits of War!
And this is the stuff from the last post, but still relevant:
– Because of our rule to make all buildings impassable we have decided to ban ONE ITEM from this GT, and that is Fozzrik’s Folding Fortress. Please remember this when building your army list.
– Best Western has informed me that the rates for staying there will be valid up until 2 weeks prior to the Wicked GT. So if you plan on staying at the hotel you have until about May 1 to get the special booking price. Don’t delay!
– The Painting Rubric has been added to the website as well in case you wanted to look it over and see how you can score max points. You can find it by following this link.
– The cost for the Wicked GT is $65 and you can pay via paypal by sending your payment to email@example.com.
April 16, 2015: The last day for refunds has passed. If something comes up and you need to cancel from the Wicked GT we regret to inform that we can not give you a refund. The funds are now being spent in order to make final preparations for the tournament. Thank you for your understanding!
April 19, 2015: Army lists are due now!! Get them in!!! If you have to turn in your army list after April 19th then you will receive a -5 points to your overall score, to be applied at the end of the GT. Please do your best to get your lists in on time. I understand that things come up, you may want to change a unit or two, or even bring a new army entirely. I’ll work with you on this so that no negative points are applied. If you work with me then we should be fine… but if you’re blatantly not putting together a list and waiting until the last minute then it really leaves us no choice so do your best to get me a list as soon as you can!!! We just need to get army lists in as quick as possible so that we can grade them for Swedish Comp (which will be used ONLY to determine 1st round match-ups). There should be no reason anybody has to start the tournament down -5 points.
– Player’s Packet: All the information for the Wicked GT can be found in this packet ranging from the sponsor list, schedule, venue information, all the way to the scoring rubrics for Appearance and Sportsmanship.