We are now just 10 days from the opening night of the Wicked GT! We are continuing to make last minute preparations for all that we need to make this GT a success. Currently, we have 30 generals ready to do battle on Saturday and Sunday! Make sure to get your last second items done and ready to go! It’s going to be great!
Here’s some quick bullet points:
– Schedule! I wanted to add this to the top post in order to spread the word on how the schedule will work. Upon arriving at the Best Western you can make your way back to the game room (we’ll have signs posted) and take care of your registration. We’ll have a folder, some goodies to hand out, and your table assignment so you can then proceed to your table and set up your army if you’d like. We’ve worked with the hotel and they are going to lock the room overnight so you are free to leave your stuff there on Friday night (if you show up early to register) and / or Saturday night. The venue will be available for early registration beginning at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 15th and will be open until midnight for you to register. There will be open gaming as well so bring your armies! Otherwise it will be general BS’ing and hanging out. Come on up and have a beer!
– Army Lists! There have been a few people ask to make some last second changes to their list and that’s ok. I’ll do my best to accommodate any changes that need to be made but I’ll have to draw a line in the sand at some point (probably 3-4 nights before the GT) so that I can begin printing them out to add to your players packets. If you have any changes please let me know sooner rather than later so we can do our best to accommodate you. Thanks!
– Custom Arcs of Visibility! Thanks to Adam over at Applied Perspective! He was able to work with us and create these customs half arcs of visibility so that we can hand out during the Wicked GT. Every participant in the Wicked GT will walk away with one of these in their players packets. You can use these for all of your games throughout the weekend! Just another little something we’re handing out as a way of saying thanks for making the Wicked GT possible! Check it out!
– Raffle! Everybody that signs up at the Registration Table will be given a number on a gem. This number will be your number for the raffles that we’ll be holding all weekend long after each game so make sure to keep this gem close to you in case your number gets called! We will hand out a few items after each game so don’t wander off too far! There’s gonna be plenty to hand out!
– Scenarios: All 5 scenarios are now complete and have been posted. You can find them by following this link!
– Beer!: The keg has been ordered and the bartender’s table is ready to go. We’ll have a keg of bud light on hand that is free with your entry fee. Additionally, we’ll have some simple cocktails that you can get if beer isn’t your thing. We’ll continue to hand this stuff out until it runs out! Remember to drink responsibly and don’t forget that tips are always appreciated!
– Concessions: We’re going to have a small concession stand set up as well. This will have bottles of water, cans of soda, chips, candy bars, etc that will be available for sale. It’s going to be cheap so make sure to have some dollars and change on you in case you need a small snack to get you through the game!
– Golden Toto Painting Competition – Get your entries painted! We’ll have a separate painting table in which the judges will be looking over all entries and we will do our best to get this done in a timely manner in order to have your models back to you as quickly as we can. In addition, the winners prize support has been provided by Bits of War so each winner will get product provided by http://www.kromlech.eu! Thank you to our great sponsor, Bits of War!
And here’s some other points that we’ve mentioned in past updates:
– Because of our rule to make all buildings impassable we have decided to ban ONE ITEM from this GT, and that is Fozzrik’s Folding Fortress. Please remember this when building your army list.
– The Painting Rubric has been added to the website as well in case you wanted to look it over and see how you can score max points. You can find it by following this link.
– The cost for the Wicked GT is $65 and you can pay via paypal by sending your payment to email@example.com.
– Player’s Packet: All the information for the Wicked GT can be found in this packet ranging from the sponsor list, schedule, venue information, all the way to the scoring rubrics for Appearance and Sportsmanship.