A note on your Army Lists and other news and notes!
I wanted to address an item concerning your army lists. Apparently I’ve been telling people that the lists will be graded for Swedish Comp to determine 1st round match-ups… I’m not sure why I’ve been thinking that… Maybe I had it on my mind from another GT that I attended, my mind wandered way too far off, or something that I’m not even sure of. In any case, that is NOT the reason why we’re grading your army lists for Swedish Comp… The reason we are grading them is to determine your Weight Class. If you notice on the Scoring Page we are handing out Best General Awards for each of the Weight Classes (Wicked Witch, Tin Men, and Scarecrow). Your Weight Class category will be determined on where your army list ranks. Without going into too much detail it would work something like this: If your Swedish Comp is lower, say, a 6.3 then you would go into the Wicked Witch Category… If your score is upwards around 16 or so then you would go into the Scarecrows Category. At the end of the GT, we’ll score each of the armies in these categories and the person with the most Battle Points in each category will be determined to be the Best General of that category. Of course this all depends on the spread of the Swedish Comp with the army lists we receive. We won’t have 20 people in one category and then only 10 in another category. We’ll evenly distribute as much as the lists allow us. More details coming on that soon. Sorry for any confusion, I’m not sure what I was thinking… Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Here’s a recap for some items that we still have going:
– Because of our rule to make all buildings impassable we have decided to ban ONE ITEM from this GT, and that is Fozzrik’s Folding Fortress. Please remember this when building your army list.
– Best Western has informed me that the rates for staying there will be valid up until 2 weeks prior to the Wicked GT. So if you plan on staying at the hotel you have until about May 1 to get the special booking price. Don’t delay!
– Beer! We are going to set up our own bar for the weekend. It will likely just be available on Saturday but we are going to have a keg of beer available that all participants will be able to drink from until it lasts. We’ll also have some simple drinks that our bartender will mix up for you as well. It’s all included with your entry fee to the Wicked GT, however, don’t forget that tips are always appreciated!
– The Painting Rubric has been added to the website as well in case you wanted to look it over and see how you can score max points. You can find it by following this link.
– The cost for the Wicked GT is $65 and you can pay via paypal by sending your payment to email@example.com.
April 16, 2015: The last day for refunds has passed. Thank you to everybody that has paid and helped us to get the ball rolling on final preparations!
– April 19, 2015 (2 DAYS FROM NOW!!): Army lists are due on this day! If you have to turn in your army list after April 19th then you will receive a -5 points to your overall score, to be applied at the end of the GT. Please do your best to get your lists in on time. I understand that things come up, you may want to change a unit or two, or even bring a new army entirely. I’ll work with you on this so that no negative points are applied. If you work with me then we should be fine… but if you’re blatantly not putting together a list and waiting until the last minute then it really leaves us no choice so do your best to get me a list as soon as you can!!! We just need to get army lists in as quick as possible so that we can grade them for Swedish Comp (which will be used ONLY to determine 1st round match-ups). There should be no reason anybody has to start the tournament down -5 points.
– Golden Toto Painting Competition – One note I wanted to add for the Golden Toto Painting Competition… If you plan on participating in the competition you can pay your entry fee the day of the Wicked GT rather than send a payment through paypal. It’s only $5 (or $10 if you have multiple entries) so this money can be paid at the actual GT. If you have any questions about this please let me know. Also, make sure to get your entries painted! Can’t wait to see what comes along down the yellow brick road!
– Player’s Packet: All the information for the Wicked GT can be found in this packet ranging from the sponsor list, schedule, venue information, all the way to the scoring rubrics for Appearance and Sportsmanship.